Source Book Publications and the World Franchising Network are committed to assisting individuals in their quest for self-employment and business ownership. We seek to provide prospective franchisees with the most comprehensive and up-to-date information on the maximum number of legitimate franchise systems and service providers. We feel strongly that the operating and systems advantages that franchising offers make it the preferred avenue for 95% of those who want to go into business on their own.
Our stakeholders are today’s prospective and existing franchisees, franchisors, law firms, consulting firms, accounting firms, service providers, and entrepreneurs. As a group, these entities make the franchising industry what it is, and more importantly, what it can become.
About the World Franchising Network
With its extensive product line of books, websites, databases, and consulting services, the World Franchising Network is a preeminent supplier of reliable, up-to-date and easy-to-use information on franchising.
1. “How Much Can I Make?” (15 editions) presents historical sales, expenses, and/or profit data on actual franchise operations, as provided by the franchisors themselves. This “insider’s guide” includes up to 90 recent earnings claim statements for 3 major industry categories (food-service, retail, and service-based).
2. Bond’s Top 100 Franchises (6 editions) offers a rigorous analysis of 100 top franchises in the food-service, retail, and service-based industries. Selected from the 3,000+ available franchise systems, these companies were evaluated on the basis of historical performance, brand identification, market dynamics, franchisee satisfaction, level of initial training, and ongoing support, financial stability, and other key factors.
3. Tips & Traps When Buying a Franchise (2 editions) serves as an insightful overview and road map for prospective franchisees.
4. Bond’s Hottest New Franchises (new publication) contains detailed profiles on companies that have less than 50 operating units and which provide great potential for entrepreneurial franchisees.
5. Bond’s Best In Class Franchises (new publication) will select the “Best In Class Franchises” for the major categories within the industry. There will be a separate book for food-service franchises and another for service-based franchises.
For details on these books, as well as other books about franchising, see our Franchise Bookstore.
WorldFranchising.com: the Internet’s most comprehensive and up-to-date portal on franchising. The subsidiary sites (noted below) of resources and searchable databases cover all major segments of the industry.
FranchisorDatabase.com: Because of our daily contact with the franchising industry, we are able to maintain a highly accurate database of over 3,400 active North American franchisors and over 18,000 senior franchising executives. The initial cost to “rent” the database is $2,000 and subsequent quarterly updates are only $250.
FranchiseDisclosures.com: provides ready access to over 30,000 current and archived FDDs and UFOCs, many of which date back to 1990 and earlier. Over 6,400 individual franchise concepts are listed (many of which no longer franchise). All of the FDDs and/or UFOCs available on the site are “clean” copies, as opposed to “red-lined” versions that are frequently sent to the states so that they can compare changes between years.
Item19s.com: To produce our annual publication “How Much Can I Make?”, we survey and extract Financial Performance Representations (Item 19s) from the majority of the well-known franchisors that provide an Item 19 in their Franchise Disclosure Document. Approximately 800 Item 19s are extracted annually and made available by major industry segment – Food-Service, Lodging, Retail, and Service-Based.
FranchisingURLs.com: We have 12 active websites that focus solely on franchising. In addition, we have “warehoused” another 230+ URLs that focus on franchising. These are available for purchase at the reasonable prices noted.
FranchisingSuppliers.com: a searchable database that includes detailed profiles of leading North American franchise consultants and service providers, with related resources. This site is in the process of being updated and overhauled.
FranchisingAttorney.com: a searchable database that includes detailed profiles of leading North American attorneys who specialize in franchising, and related resources. This site is in the process of being updated and overhauled.
World Franchising Bookstore: lists over 20 franchise industry publications and proprietary in-depth reports, plus more than 500 current Financial Performance Representations (Item 19s) that can be purchased over the Internet. Orders are usually shipped within 24 hours.
Rob Bond is a leading national authority on the exceedingly complex franchise industry. As the founder and president of Source Book Publications, located in Oakland, California, his sole focus for the past 20 years has been the dissemination of timely and in-depth information on franchising through books, websites, and databases. Source Book Publications currently maintains 12 websites and publishes two annual books on franchising.
Recognizing the need for a national forum to address the under-representation of minorities in the U.S. franchising community, Bond created the National Minority Franchising Initiative. The 2003-2004 program included Bond’s Minority Franchise Guide (3 editions), the MinorityFranchising.com website, and 10 seminars hosted throughout the country. His partner in the NMFI is Everett Wallace of Wallace Enterprises International.
As a veteran himself, Bond also wanted to show his gratitude to today’s veterans by establishing Franchises4Vets.com as a go-to site that lists the benefits that franchisors provide to veterans who want to go into business for themselves. The site also notes the number of veterans who are franchisees or hold senior management positions for participating companies.
Since receiving his MBA from Stanford Business School, Bond has built an extraordinary record of achievements in several Fortune 100 companies, real estate development, and consulting. As an author, lecturer, and consultant, he is regarded as one of the franchise industry’s most knowledgeable and widely quoted spokespersons.